The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses everyday. Mary Lanning Healthcare is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor several times a year.
DAISY Award honorees personify Mary Lanning Healthcare’s remarkable patient experience. These nurses consistently demonstrate excellence through their clinical expertise and extraordinary compassionate care. They are recognized as outstanding role models in our nursing community.
Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit and will receive: a beautiful certificate, a DAISY Award pin, and a hand-carved stone sculpture entitled A Healer’s Touch.
How To Nominate An Extraordinary Nurse
Please help Mary Lanning Healthcare recognize nurses who do one or more of these:
- Make a special connection with the patient and family
- Include patients and families in the planning of their care
- Do an excellent job educating patients and their families.
- Work well with the healthcare team to meet patient and family needs
- Make patients and their families feel comfortable
- Go above and beyond
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians, and employees may nominate a deserving nurse by downloading and filling out the nomination form.