Designed for individuals living with diabetes and their family members, this program teaches diabetes control. It is sponsored by the Mary Lanning Healthcare Diabetes Program, and includes:
- Hastings Area Diabetes Education and Support Group – Call for dates
- Diabetes Health Fair – 2017 date to be determined
- El Paquete Total Program, targeting the minority population
- Camp HotShots Central Nebraska – for children with diabetes ages 6 and up
- Foot and ToeNail Clinic
- Presentations throughout the community on diabetes management
Call the diabetes program at 461-5318 for more information
Healthy Eating & Carb Counting Class
Learn how to recognize carbohydrate-rich foods, choose appropriate portions, calculate carb intake using various resources and determine your carbohydrate needs.
Overview of Diabetes Management
This class will explain the difference between pre-diabetes; type 1 and type 2 diabetes; the importance of glucose monitoring, diabetes management with nutrition, exercise, medication and stress management; prevention of long- and short-term complications; and changing behavior.
What’s New in Diabetes Medicines?
The world of diabetes care is constantly changing. This class will teach you about the newest medications and technologies available to help control and monitor diabetes.
DeAnn Carpenter, RN MS CDE
Nurse Educator, Program Coordinator