Home Away From Home
The Home Away From Home is located across the street from Mary Lanning Healthcare and offers accommodations to patients and families visiting patients.
The five private bedrooms and five private suites in the Home Away From Home are allocated on a space-available basis. Room assignments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis. The hospitality house is available 365 days a year.
- You may check in anytime after noon, if a room is open, and before 10:00pm (doors are locked at 10:00pm and unlocked at 6:00am).
- One room is allowed per patient family. Rollaway beds are available to accommodate extra guests.
- Donations are also appreciated in order to maintain operation of HAFH.
- $30 per night (plus tax)
- $120 (plus tax) - five consecutive nights
- $150 (plus tax) - seven consecutive nights
- $40 per night (plus tax)
- $160 (plus tax) - five consecutive nights
- $200 (plus tax) - seven consecutive nights
- $250 per five-night minimum stay (plus tax)
- Please note: You must stay no less than five consecutive nights in order to reserve the apartment.
- The Home Away From Home is elegantly furnished with private bedrooms and bathrooms. Bed linens and towels are provided.
- The spacious living room, dining room, family room and meditation room provide space where families can gather.
- The HAFH features a fully equipped kitchen. Guests may provide their own food items for meals and snacks.
- A washer/dryer is available for use at no cost.
- Guests are asked to keep their rooms and the HAFH commons areas tidy.
- A computer with Internet access is available for guests. Books, games and video games are furnished.
- All rooms are equipped with television and telephone for local calls.
- An HAFH staff member will take telephone messages if you are unavailable.
Adopt the Home: Share the Welcome
If you are interested in supporting the Home Away From Home through membership in the annual gifting program, Adopt the Home:
Share the Welcome, please speak to an HAFH staff member or contact Mary Plock at the Mary Lanning HealthCare Foundation, 402-460-5603.
Home Away From Home
736 N Kansas Ave
Hastings, NE 68901
Click the link to download our informational PDF.