Hastings Anesthesiology Associates has provided anesthesia services for Mary Lanning Healthcare for 31 years and has maintained an exemplary record of safety and availability throughout.
We offer the following anesthesia services:
- General, spinal and epidural anesthesia
- Postoperative pain control blocks following surgery
- Labor and delivery pain management (epidurals and spinals)
- Trauma stabilization
- Advanced airway placement
- Peripherally inserted central catheters for long term medication infusion
We also offer these pain management services:
- Epidural and local blocks for back, leg, neck, arm and other pain
- Epidurals with fluoroscopic guidance
- Treatment of reflex sympathetic dystrophy
Our Physicians and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
Hastings Anesthesiology Associates employs two full-time physician anesthesiologists (MDs) and ten full-time registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs), all of whom are credentialed in their fields and maintain certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
John R. Dungan, MD, has been with Hastings Anesthesiology for 21 years. In addition to his postgraduate residency in anesthesiology, Dr. Dungan received degrees from Harvard (AB; EdM), Baylor (DDS), and Creighton (MD).
Mark S. Bronsnihan, MD, has been with Hastings Anesthesiology for 18 years. In addition to anesthesiology residency, received his degrees from Creighton (BS), University of Iowa (DDS) and Creighton (MD). Dr. Bronsnihan is president of the Nebraska Society of Interventional Pain Practitioners.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists generally have two years of postgraduate critical care nursing experience before commencing a further three years of postgraduate anesthesia education.
Roger Souchek, CRNA, has provided 27 years of service at Mary Lanning; Sara Theoharis, CRNA, 14 years; and Troy Swayze, CRNA, 12 years. Sara is president of the Nebraska Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
As the hospital has grown over the last ten years, more CRNAs have joined: Larissa Rossow, Paula Loehr, Shane Hryzsko, Tom Larson, Megan Johnson, Jessica Larson, and Pat Davidson. All are local residents who have come to know their patients, and therefore can provide better, more personal care to our patients.
Before your surgery:
Our patients and their safety is the focus of Mary Lanning Healthcare and Hastings Anesthesiology. Please assist us in providing the best care possible by providing the hospital with information about yourself before your procedure. A preadmission nurse will call you to discuss your medical history. You will be asked to:
- Bring your preoperative history and physical examination from your physician and any associated laboratory work, electrocardiogram, and chest x-rays;
- Provide an up-to-date list of medications and drug allergies and if you have received a cardiac, pulmonary, or other specialty work-up;
- Share information about blood thinners, and you may be requested to temporarily stop taking selected medications or to be sure to take certain others, such as blood pressure medications and gastric reflux medications;
- Not eat or drink anything for eight hours before most procedures, although you can have clear liquids up until two hours before surgery.
Please know that it takes a great deal of coordinated effort is needed before a surgery can happen. We appreciate your help and will try to answer your questions. We also hope you have an easy and comfortable experience at our hospital.
Preadmission admission testing nurse: (402) 460-5753
Anesthesia office: (402) 463-9841